Friday, July 1, 2016

I made the most amazing popsicles today! Sugar free, Keto friendly, and they tasted like Orange Dreamsicles. You'll need a blender.
1 4serving pkg of sugar free orange jello (but you can use any flavor)
1 1/2 cups of ice
1/3 cup boiling water
1/3 cup of ice cold water...
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 Tablespoons Heavy Whipping Cream
sweetener, I used a squirt of stevia liquid,
Mix the jello and boiling water, and disolve powder, then add ice cold water and set to the side.
In blender put ice cubes, vanilla and sweetener, and whipping cream, then pour in jello water. Blend until smooth. This can be a single serving, that's how the recipe came to me, minus 1Tbsp of the heavy cream. I add the second one for a little more volume as I'm putting mine into 8 popsicle molds. If you're using as a single serving, you can eat as soon as you've blended it smooth. For pops, just spoon into your molds, then put the sticks in and freeze for about 2 or 3 hours and that's it. My kids LOVE them just as much as I do.
I count the whole recipe as one carb, as there are only .43 carbs per tablespoon of liquid Heavy whipping cream.
 
This is the Strawberry Banana flavor I made. I didn't add the Vanilla and used a cup of frozen strawberries in place of 1 cup of the ice.  Now this will up the carb count significantly. 1 Cup of frozen berries is 10 net carbs, and this recipe made 10 popsicles, so that would make them around 1 carb per pop. Still not a bad treat for the summer time!
 
In the background is my first attempt at making cloud bread. Not too bad, good for a sandwich, but I think I'll try soul bread soon.  Any fellow low carbers out there have any recipe suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment