Sunday, June 5, 2016

Sorry for the long absence. Chocolate Hazelnut 90 Keto Cake recipe!

Hi lovelies!  Just an update. I'm still around, keeping on keeping on! I'm now down 26 lbs thanks to my Low Carb High Fat (Ketogenic) diet! I love it. For breakfast today I had two baked chicken thighs, for lunch I'm having 2 scrambled eggs mixed in with 1 cup of stir fried, shredded cabbage. I stir fried it in about half a teaspoon of sesame oil, and a teaspoon of soy sauce. Yes, I know coconut aminos are better for you but I'm allergic to coconut, so I stay away from anything derived from coconut. I could have used Tamari, but hey, I'm cheap and live in a rural area. Good luck finding that on a whim. Ha ha!  I did have a good week though. Last Monday was Memorial day. We spent that BBQing with family. The kids played with their cousins outside and in the pool all day. The guys played lawn games while us women folk relaxed with the babies.

Ooh and guess what CiCi's pizza has a low carb pizza! You go in and pay to eat the buffet, you put in your special request with one of the pizza chefs, and a few minutes later out comes a tinfoil pan with a HUGE amount of cheese and toppings. You can get ANY of their toppings made into a crustless pizza. I got mushrooms, olives, peppers, ham and pepperoni. They threw in some onions too, but that's cool I like onions. I went a bit over my daily allotment of calories (1500) and my carbs (20), BUT I didn't eat anything wheat or corn or rice. I didn't eat dessert either! I then went for a stroll around our local Wal-Mart Super Center for at least half an hour so I did get some extra walking in.

I also came up with a new 90 second bread "cake" Sorry no pictures, but it was so yummy! I will probably make this as my personal birthday cake for my birthday coming up at the end of the month.

Chocolate Hazelnut 90 second cake
1 Tbsp Almond flour
2 Tbsp Ground Golden Flaxseed
1 1/2  Tbsp melted butter
1 1/2 Tbsp Sugar Free Hazelnut coffee syrup
1/2 tsp of baking powder.
1 Tbsp unsweeted cocoa powder
1 egg

Mix all together very, very well, pour into a mug, or small square container. I use a sandwich keeper for lunch boxes that looks like a bread slice.  Pour into oiled or sprayed container and microwave for 90 seconds. Some microwaves vary. If your "cake" is still runny in the middle microwave for 20 seconds more. I sprinkle mine with splenda over the top. like less than half a pack.
Nutrition Facts
Calories    372
Fat            31.75
Net Carbs  2g
Protein      16g

Not a bad treat in my opinion!



I haven't touched my mermaid afghan again... I need to get on it, but I had to finish my Butterfly Garden journal. You can check it out here (click the word here).  I'm fond of it. Not as fond of it as I am the Little Birdie journal, but I love how my butterfly tuck spots came out. Too cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment