Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Quick Mini Tutorial

I know I've been busy and haven't been posting much lately. I've had some back trouble, and had VBS last Saturday. That was an awesome time!

So I figure I should share something with you guys. I am trying to prep for Christmas afghans I'm working on for clients, and also get some inventory built up in my etsy shop and for my Fall Craft booth.  One of the things I'm working on is pendants.

I rolled out polymer clay about 1/8 of an inch thick and cut it into 1 1/2 inch squares, and baked per the package directions.

While those were baking I chose a collage page to use as my background. I chose to do some in black and white so I copied my vintage brown paper in the copy machine.


Then I chose my background and cut it out slightly bigger than my clay tile. I applied a liberal amount of white glue to the tile, pressed the image onto the tile and when dry I cut the excess paper from the tile. I also tried to decopage a rose onto it, but the black tiles were too dark. *duh, I know lol*
 
Next I took my finger and patted a bit of white paint over the background, and when it dried I glued on this lovely lady, also in black and white. Then when it was all dried I inked around the edges in black to match the tile.
 
I ended up putting a jewel on this one in the corner then sealing with Glossy mod podge, and then I went over that with an acrylic sealer to avoid the sticky feel. You could use Glossy Accents, or resin epoxy, or any number of gloss sealers.
You can do pretty much anything you want with these. Here's a shot of the few I've finished and sealed. I still have to put the bails on. I really like the way they have turned out. Oh, and yes, they are different sizes. Mostly because I used two different cutters, but these are hand made not assembly line and are supposed to original. That just adds to their charm. ;)
 
There you go. Easy polymer clay pendants. Happy Crafting Lovlies!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment