Saturday, May 21, 2016

Mermaid Tail Afghan and LCHF recipe and update.

Hey lovelies! This week has been a been a bit hectic.  The baby started walking this past week!! He's been everywhere, and into everything. The new way of eating is still going good. If the rain would stop and the air would warm up nice and good and stay that way, I would be more inclined to go out walking and be spending more time outside. As of Friday, I'm down 21 lbs and have reached my first mini goal. I've also started making my own iced coffees to follow LCHF living.  In case you're interested, I'll share my recipe.
Keto-Friendly French Vanilla Iced Coffee

Take a cup of ice and put it in a cup or glass that holds about 20 ounces. To it add:
 10 oz. of cold coffee,
 2 tbsps.  Sugar Free French Vanilla coffee syrup, I use a brand from the Dollar Tree that I really like, but DaVinci brand is good too.
and 1 tbsp. heavy whipping cream.

It tastes very good, and I have one every afternoon as a sweet treat.

Next, I've finally started working on my first of a few Mermaid Tail Afghans. This one I'm making for one of my daughters. I'm doing the small size since the pattern author says it will fit a child 4-5 feet tall. My 11 year old is just a little over 5 feet, so I guess that will be a deciding factor as to who gets the first one. I'm trying to save some money by using only stash yarn. I'm also practicing this pattern because I've been getting orders from friends for Mermaid Tail Afghans already!
This is the blog of the tail I'm going to make.  She does a great job with the pattern, but she also has a video that shows you step by step!

So far I've only finished the first 3 rows. I just started last night, and well, I was trying to do it with a 1 year old squirming on my lap. It was slow going at best.  Ha ha! I'm using this blog to try to keep me accountable to get these things done, all while continuing my journals for etsy.   Here's my progress: 
Ch 153
Row 1: dc in 3rd ch from hook and across, ch 1, turn (150 dc)
Row 2: *sc in first dc, skip 2 dc, 5dc in next st, skip 2 dc, repeat from * across, ch 3, turn (25 shells made)
Row 3: 2dc in same spot you chained up 3, skip 2 dc,* sc in next dc (the middle dc of shell), sk 2 dc, 5dc into sc,  repeat from * until you reach the last sc, 3dc in the last dc, ch 1, turn

 
This is what those 3 rows look like if you do not do a foundation dc as your first 153. I wanted to keep this as simple as possible while checking out the pattern. So far it's just shell stitch, but looks very pretty. As I said I'm using stash yarn, but I really think that the alternating rows like the author does, or even a single colored yarn would look MUCH better!
 
Thanks for reading, and staying with me. I hope that I'm teaching or inspiring you all some how. If there's something you would like for me to try out, comment below and let me know! Till next time, take care! Bye!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment