Thursday, February 4, 2016

I'm back!

Hey every one! I know, YEARS since I've posted. To be honest, I've had another baby, started and ended a business, changed emails, and lost my account info. I usually keep everything in my handy dandy notebook, but something happened to that. :( 
Well anyway, I'm back, I'm going to do better. I've decided that I will have to do better.  I need to keep myself going. After having child number three, we've also decided to do homeschooling. I didn't really know what I was getting myself into when I chose to homeschool my girls ages 11 and 5. You have to know how to engage your child. For my oldest that isn't that hard. My youngest however still wants to play, play, play.  So we've devised ways to keep her going without her realizing she's being taught.
My first new project is simple, Word Bingo.  We are using a phonics based reading program that allows you to move at your child's pace. Each unit has a list of words that the child is learning. I took the words from all of the units that she has finished and made a list. From this list I randomly wrote nine of them on 3X3 grid I marked on a 4X4 square of paper.  I did this until I had used all of the words at least twice.   Then I wrote the words again on smaller squares of paper to call from like Bingo Balls. For markers I just cut squares of construction paper big enough to cover each word.
This game allows reinforcement of her beginning reading, and she loves it. If she's having a particularly hard day wanting to homeschool, I just pull this game out, and she's ready to go.

1 comment:

  1. PLEASE answer COMMENTS before a year has passed. We love your work!

    ReplyDelete